Our Las Madres Spotlight Blog- Tryphena Gohmann


Our volunteers are an integral part of our organization. Without their willingness to go above and beyond, Las Madres would not have such an amazing community spirit. This week we would like to recognize Tryphena Gohmann as the Las Madres Spotlight Member.



Ever since July 2016, a few months after her eldest son was born, Tryphena has been connecting with and helping to create a community with the other moms and families in her South Valley/Almaden 2016 and 2019 playgroups. She has two children, Calvin (almost 4 years) and Zeke, (6 months) and is the Co-Director for her 2016 and 2019 South Valley/Almaden playgroups, CC2020 Big Sister Treasurer, and was previously the Treasurer at the Executive Level for Las Madres in 2019. She takes on all of these responsibilities so graciously, along with her full time job at Google. 


Tryphena’s SVA 2016 Co-Director, Sharilyn Smith, described her as “the most organized, dedicated, and patient person I’ve ever met. She goes above and beyond both in our play group as Co-Director and when she was the Executive Level Treasurer. I can go to her with any question or concern and she is always there to encourage me and help me. She helps keep structure in our group by setting up Google documents to organize events and schedules and writes out all of our agendas for our meetings. She always makes time for me, even when it seems very trivial. I have loved getting to know her and her awesome family and am blessed to have her as my Co-Director.” Simply put, she also said, “She’s the best!” 



When asked for the “why” behind her tremendous dedication to volunteer, Tryphena said, “I grew up in a small town and had close friends as a child who lived right down the street. I graduated from high school with the same people I went to preschool with. San Jose is so much bigger than my hometown so I wanted to find a community where I could connect with other moms and children the same age as mine and be able to form close lifelong relationships. Volunteering helps me shape the organization and the future possibilities of what these friendships can be for my children. It also helps me give back to this community of parents that helps me every day.” That’s really what Las Madres is all about, in a nutshell!

During these unprecedented times with Covid 19, it’s also uplifting to hear how our members are engaging their playgroup community. Tryphena told us that she has been setting up weekly Mom’s Night In check in calls for her playgroup members. As we all know, these days have moments of utter exhaustion and chaos, and Tryphena feels like it gives the moms a chance to vent and know that, “Although we’re not together, we’re not alone in this craziness, and I wanted my fellow moms to know that they had a place to come each week, if they wanted to, where they could take a minute, 30 minutes, an hour for themselves.”



Thank you for all you do, Tryphena! You are an integral part of our community and your efforts do not go unnoticed.


~ The Las Madres Marketing Team


P.S. Do you have someone you would like to nominate for the Las Madres Spotlight? We are recognizing Las Madres Volunteers who have made a difference in our community. Feel free to fill out this form and tell us about them!

Comments